Since its inception, CQDM has raised more than $275 million to fund the development of 150 + drugs addressing major health challenges, including cancer, neurodegenerative and metabolic diseases.
CQDM is a biopharmaceutical research consortium whose mission is to fund the development of innovative tools and technologies that accelerate the development of safe and effective drugs. We bring together world-leading pharmaceutical organizations, several Canadian biotech companies, the best researchers from the public and private sectors, as well as the Canadian and Québec governments. Our collaborative approach bridges the funding gap needed to drive innovation, especially where early-stage research is concerned.
Reporting to the Director, Scientific Affairs, the incumbent will be actively involved in several aspects of CQDM’s multidisciplinary and collaborative projects, including primarily the coordination of projects under their supervision to ensure that the established objectives and milestones are met.
The incumbent will actively participate, in close collaboration with several members of the CQDM team, in the planning, follow-up and execution of the projects funded by CQDM. If needed, the incumbent could also be called upon to contribute to the project evaluation process or, more broadly, to any other activity related to the financing of innovation projects. Specifically, the incumbent will have to:
- Act as a resource person for CQDM funded projects throughout the process.
- Collaborate closely with CQDM’s business development team to ensure the proper transfer of knowledge related to the projects under their supervision.
- Regularly inquire with the researchers on the progress of the work planned for each project under their supervision.
- Ensure that all required documents are sent and received on time and according to the requirements of CQDM, its funding partners and funders.
- Take charge of the document management and logistics of the processes related to the various projects.
- In collaboration with the researchers funded by the CQDM, establish the Gantt chart to follow the progress of projects.
- Follow up on the achievement of CQDM funded project milestones and deliverables and collaborate with the CQDM team and researchers to identify solutions to problems encountered.
- Monitor several performance indicators related to CQDM funded projects.
- Participate in project monitoring and committee meetings.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in a life science discipline
- Training or experience in project management (an asset), or program management, research funding or equivalent:
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of experience
- Knowledge and/or experience of the medical science research environment and the drug discovery and development process (an asset)
- Good knowledge of the academic and industrial research networks in Quebec (an asset)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bilingual, with excellent written English and French
- Excellent organizational skills, thoroughness, and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Initiative, leadership, and autonomy
- Ability to work under pressure while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work well in a team environment
We are a small non-profit organization, with a young, agile, and dynamic team of highly qualified professionals. Many opportunities exist for employees to quickly assume a greater leadership role, and for personal and professional development.
CQDM offers competitive employment conditions and a flexible hybrid working environment. CQDM’s offices are in downtown Montréal, near the Square Victoria metro station.
We offer competitive salaries, in line with your qualifications, a comprehensive group insurance plan, and a great vacation plan.
CQDM is looking for diverse profiles that will enrich the team; therefore, all people who share our passion for the advancement of health research and collaboration are invited to apply regardless of their age, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, origin or disability.
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected will be contacted.
Take the chance to make an impact by creating a product that brings positive change to the world!