Since its creation, CQDM has raised nearly $190 million to fund the development of approximately 130 drugs addressing major health challenges, including cancer, neurodegenerative and metabolic diseases.
CQDM is a biopharmaceutical research consortium whose mission is to fund the development of innovative tools and technologies that accelerate the development of safe and effective drugs. We bring together world-leading pharmaceutical organizations, several Canadian biotech companies, the best researchers from the public and private sectors, as well as the Canadian and Quebec governments. Our collaborative approach bridges the funding gap needed to drive innovation, especially where early-stage research is concerned.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The person holding the position will manage a small accounting team and will be responsible for all financial and accounting aspects of CQDM. The person is a member of CQDM’s management team and plays a key role in the financial and strategic planning of CQDM.
- Supervise all accounting operations, including general ledger, trial balances, monthly and year-end financial statements
- Supervise the consolidation of financial information according to the specific constraints of government partners
- Oversee the production of government related reports
- Oversee the preparation of annual budgets and production of government related reports
- Manage cash flow and CQDM investments
- Supervise preparation of audit files and ensure compliance with regulations for the annual financial audit
- Develop and ensure the implementation of best practices in financial and accounting
- Manage agreements with partners, taking into account legal aspects
- Contribute to strategic planning and fundraising efforts
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting or finance option and holds a professional accounting designation
- 7- 10 years of relevant experience
- Proven experience in managing a small team
- Fluently bilingual, with an excellent command of written English and French
- Very good knowledge of MS Office suite (mastery of Excel)
- Solid knowledge and experience with commonly used accounting software
- Experience in the financial management of a non-profit organization would be an asset
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Experienced, organized and versatile leadership
- Professional integrity, judgment, and autonomy
- Technology and process optimization oriented
- Excellent organizational planning skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Strong commitment and ability to achieving organizational results
We are a small non-profit organization, with a young, agile and dynamic team of highly qualified professionals. Many opportunities exist for staff to quickly assume a greater leadership role, and for personal and professional development.
CQDM offers competitive employment conditions and a flexible hybrid working environment (where the benefits of working from home are recognized). CQDM’s offices are located in downtown Montreal, near the Place d’Armes metro station. When working from home, the employee is responsible for ensuring access to a secured Internet and an adequate workspace.
We offer competitive compensation based on your qualifications, a comprehensive group insurance plan, reasonable reimbursement for professional fees and training activities, and great vacation plan.
CQDM is looking for diversified profiles that will enrich the team; therefore, all individuals who share our passion for the advancement of health research and collaboration are invited to apply regardless of their age, gender, sexual orientation, family situation, religion, origin or disability.
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected will be contacted.
Take the chance to make an impact by creating a product that brings positive change to the world!