Since its inception, CQDM has raised more than $275 million to fund the development of 150 + drugs addressing major health challenges, including cancer, neurodegenerative and metabolic diseases.
CQDM is a biopharmaceutical research consortium whose mission is to fund the development of innovative tools and technologies that accelerate the development of safe and effective drugs. We bring together world-leading pharmaceutical organizations, several Canadian biotech companies, the best researchers from the public and private sectors, as well as the Canadian and Québec governments. Our collaborative approach bridges the funding gap needed to drive innovation, especially where early-stage research is concerned.
The selected candidate will play a leading role in all communications’ activities and in the organization of CQDM’s scientific, networking and business development events.
- Actively contributes to the development and execution of the communication strategy based on the vision and objectives of the organization;
- Develops and implements the communication plan and marketing strategy;
- Develops the communication tools necessary for the influence and promotion of the organization at the provincial, national and international levels;
- Coordinates the design, writing and revision of content, in collaboration with members of the CQDM team;
- Responsible for the distribution of content intended for the various target audiences of the organization and published on its website, its social networks, via newsletter or transmitted on the news wire;
- Ensures the cohesion of messages across all activities of the organization and the uniformity of the visual identity of CQDM communications;
- Responsible for the management, animation and expansion of the community of the organization;
- Produces analysis reports of the various communication activities and issues recommendations to ensure optimal visibility of the organization;
- Manages the link with partner organizations and information relays and ensures the reciprocal sharing of relevant content;
- Manages media relations and liaises with specialized firms and communications and marketing agencies, as needed;
- Performs all other communications related tasks.
- Manages and coordinates the organization of CQDM networking and knowledge-sharing events, in collaboration with members of the CQDM team;
- Responsible for event logistics and the smooth running of events;
- Responsible for monitoring and post-mortem of events in order to propose improvements;
- Performs all other event planning related tasks.
- Undergraduate or graduate university degree in communications, public relations, journalism or marketing;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in communications;
- Relevant experience in event planning;
- Experience with various stakeholders and target audiences of organizations, including companies in the biopharmaceutical sector, researchers and governments, an asset;
- Flexible working schedule as some events can be in the evening or on the weekend.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Perfectly bilingual, with excellent written English and French;
- Good knowledge of web-based communications, social media, WordPress, and Microsoft Office suite software;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Demonstrates initiative, leadership and autonomy;
- Sense of organization, planning, and priorities;
- Rigorous and performance-oriented;
- Dynamic with a team spirit;
We are a small non-profit organization, with a young, agile, and dynamic team of highly qualified professionals. Many opportunities exist for employees to quickly assume a greater leadership role, and for personal and professional development.
CQDM offers competitive employment conditions and a flexible hybrid working environment. CQDM’s offices are in downtown Montréal, near the Place d’Armes metro station.
We offer competitive salaries, in line with your qualifications, a comprehensive group insurance plan, and a great vacation plan.
CQDM is looking for diverse profiles that will enrich the team; therefore, all people who share our passion for the advancement of health research and collaboration are invited to apply regardless of their age, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, origin, or disability.
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected will be contacted.
Take the chance to make an impact by creating a product that brings positive change to the world!