Research Pitch Day for Canadian Biobanks
CQDM is hosting a Research Day on May 31, 2023, that aims to promote interactions between CQDM pharmaceutical members and Canadian biobanks. The Research Day will provide an opportunity for biobanks to network with pharmaceutical industry representatives and explore potential collaborations that leverage the strengths of both groups and have the potential to accelerate the development of precision medicine for the benefit of patients and the healthcare industry.
Non-confidential submissions should provide a brief overview of the biobank’s research areas and highlight their unique capabilities, such as large-scale sample collections, cutting-edge data analysis tools, or expertise in specific disease areas.
Submitted proposals should specifically include:
- a disease-specific population, or a general population,
- omics experiments/analysis such as genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, epigenomics, metabolomics, pharmacogenomics and the combination of these approaches,
- a description of the biobank (indication(s), number of participants, samples/data collected/available, prospective/longitudinal/ cross-sectional, recruitment active/complete, possibility to recontact patients, key benefits/features),
- a description of the research team,
- a description of the research facilities,
- an overview of the cost/resources required for a proposed collaboration.
We encourage submissions from biobanks of all sizes, from large-scale repositories to smaller, specialized biobanks. Submitted projects must be in the life sciences sector.
Act soon: The deadline to submit an application is May 10, 2023.
Submitted biobanks/projects will be shared with our pharmaceutical partners and the top-ranked teams will be invited to present in front of global pharmaceutical representatives. Please block off 1 to 5 p.m. on May 31, 2023 in your calendars.