POLICY ON PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTION
Protection of Personal Information
CQDM is committed to protecting the personal information it collects and uses in the management of its activities. CQDM also strives to comply with the obligations set out in the applicable laws regarding the protection of privacy.
For the purposes of this Policy, “Personal Information” means any information that directly or indirectly identifies a natural person such as name, email address and telephone number.
Principles of protection and responsibility for Personal Information
CQDM is responsible for the protection of all Personal Information under its custody or control, including personal information collected or transferred by a third party for processing on behalf of CQDM. CQDM has appointed a Privacy Officer and has implemented policies and procedures to ensure that personal information is reasonably protected.
The Personal Information CQDM collects may include, but is not limited to:
- Your contact information, such as your email address, in order to identify and correspond with you;
- Marketing information and your communication preferences, as well as your comments; and
- Any other personal information you have provided to us.
Purposes of Collection
Before collecting Personal Information, CQDM will identify the purposes for which Personal Information will be collected, used or disclosed and will inform you of those purposes. CQDM collects your Personal Information for the following reasons, among others:
- To establish and manage the relationship with partners, funded researchers and to animate the CQDM network;
- To provide and maintain the services requested, including access to the website;
- Respond to requests for information;
- Accompany companies and researchers in their financing process;
- Allow business development and marketing activities, including informing members of the life sciences ecosystem of our new offers, with their prior consent.
If CQDM plans to use or disclose Personal Information for a reason that has not already been specified, CQDM will inform you and ask for a new consent if necessary.
Except as permitted by law, CQDM will only collect Personal Information with your knowledge and consent. CQDM may use a consent form that reflects the nature of the information collected, taking into account the sensitivity of the information and your expectations. At any time, individuals may cease to consent to CQDM’s continued use or disclosure of their Personal Information, subject to reasonable notice, contractual restrictions and/or CQDM’s legal obligations. It is important to know, however, that if you choose not to provide your Personal Information, this may prevent you from, for example, using our website, as this information is essential to such use. You may contact the Privacy Officer as indicated below for any question related to this subject.
CQDM will only collect the Personal Information necessary for the purposes specified at the time of collection. Generally, Personal Information will be collected directly from you, but occasionally it may be collected from third parties who can demonstrate that they have the right to disclose the information.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored in a dedicated location on a computer, mobile device, tablet or other device when you use your browser to visit an online service. Other tracking technologies, such as web beacons and tracking pixels, may be used for similar purposes. In this Policy, all such tracking technologies are collectively referred to as “Cookie(s)”. Any Personal Information collected through Cookies by or on behalf of CQDM (if any) is treated with the same level of confidentiality as any other Personal Information in the custody or control of CQDM.
Strictly necessary Cookies
These Cookies are necessary for the operation of CQDM’s website and cannot be disabled in CQDM’s systems. Strictly necessary Cookies must be present in order for our website to perform basic functions. They allow you to navigate from one page to another without losing your previous actions in the same session.
If you have consented to their use, CQDM and/or its partners may also use non-essential Cookies in connection with our website, including the following:
- Functionality Cookies (also known as “preference Cookies”): These Cookies are not essential to the operation of the website. They are used to personalize and enhance the user experience. For example, if you have consented to their use, these Cookies will store your communication preferences.
- Performance Cookies (also known as “statistical Cookies” or “analytical Cookies”): These Cookies are not essential to the operation of the website. If you have consented to their use, CQDM uses performance Cookies to understand how you interact with the website and to have analytical reports about errors on our website. Our partners may also use these types of Cookies to analyze your use of the website and provide us with information about it. These Cookies are for statistical purposes only. All information that these Cookies collect is aggregated and anonymous. To refuse to be tracked by Google Analytics, please visit this module: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. You may also refuse the use of Analytics Cookies by following the instructions below.
Opting out of Cookies you have consented to
With the exception of strictly necessary Cookies, CQDM will only place Cookies on your device if you consent, and these Cookies will be retained for a maximum period of 13 months from the time they are installed on your device. At the end of this period, your consent will again be required. You can also manage your Cookies by changing the settings on your browser or device. For details on how to configure browsers, please consult the help center for Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge or Opera. However, if you choose to decline Cookies, some pages or sections of our website may not display properly, or some features may not be available. Social network Cookies can also be managed by visiting the policies of the following networks:
- Twitter : https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-cookies
- LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy
- YouTube : https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies?hl=en
Disclosure and retention
CQDM will only use and disclose your Personal Information for the purposes for which it was collected, unless you have given your consent, or the use or disclosure is authorized or required by law.
Your Personal Information is accessible only to CQDM staff members, its agents or suppliers whose duties require it.
Personal Information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes identified at the time of collection. After that time, the Personal Information we hold will be destroyed or made anonymous. For more information on how long we retain Personal Information, please contact our Privacy Officer.
Your Personal Information may be kept by CQDM in regions other than your province, territory or country of residence, including in Canada, the United States and the province of Quebec. CQDM may subcontract the processing or share your Personal Information with third parties located elsewhere, in regions other than your province, territory or country of residence. In this case, we may require commitments regarding confidentiality and protection of Personal Information from our suppliers in order to guarantee an adequate level of protection.
CQDM will take commercially reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information collected by the organization or by third parties on its behalf is accurate, complete and up to date. CQDM will take commercially reasonable steps to reduce the possibility that inaccurate Personal Information will be used to make a decision about an individual.
CQDM protects Personal Information with security safeguards that vary depending on the sensitivity of the information, its amount, distribution, format, medium and intended uses. These precautions include, but are not limited to:
- Physical measures such as restricted access to offices;
- Organizational measures such as limiting access on a “need to know” basis, and educating employees and our partners about the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of Personal Information;
- Technological measures such as the use of computer passwords, secure data transmission and backup, and recovery procedures.
Under applicable privacy legislation, you may have certain rights, such as the following:
- Protection of the privacy of your Personal Information;
- Access to your Personal Information;
- Rectification of your Personal Information if it is incomplete, inaccurate or misleading, or if its collection, disclosure or retention is not permitted by law;
- Withdrawing your consent to the disclosure or use of your Personal Information, if applicable.
Any questions or inquiries regarding compliance with this Policy or the exercise of your rights should be directed in writing (including by e-mail) to the Privacy Officer:
To the attention of the Privacy Officer:
630, Boulevard René-Lévesque West, 20th floor
Montréal, Quebec H3B 1S6
Changes to the Policy
CQDM may revise this Policy in order to keep it up to date according to applicable legislation and its operations. If significant changes are made to the Policy, update notices (such as online notices or emails) may be used to notify you of these changes. Otherwise, the posting of the revised Policy on our website will be considered sufficient notice and by continuing to use this website or submitting Personal Information to us, you consent to any changes in our Policy.