Controller – finance & administration
Since its creation, CQDM has raised nearly $100 million to fund the development of approximately 80 outstanding technologies addressing major health challenges, including cancer, neurodegenerative and metabolic diseases.
CQDM is a biopharmaceutical research consortium whose mission is to fund the development of innovative tools and technologies that accelerate the development of safe and effective drugs. We bring together world-leading pharmaceutical organizations, several Canadian biotech companies, the best researchers from the public and private sectors, as well as the Canadian and Quebec governments. Our collaborative approach bridges the funding gap needed to drive innovation, especially where early-stage research is concerned.
Note: The masculine form is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Under the authority of the Vice President Finance and Administration, the person selected will play a leading role in managing the accounting and administrative services for CQDM.
- Responsible for the accounting entry, ledger production, audit balances and preparation of month end accounting records;
- Supervise the production of tax returns and manage sales tax records and deductions;
- Prepare and monitor budgets and track expenditures;
- Prepare monthly and year-end financial statements and corresponding analyzes;
- Prepare bi-weekly payrolls with authorised payroll provider;
- Manage tax records related to R&D expenses;
- Coordinate the preparation of federal and Quebec government annual reports;
- Prepare other analysis to confirm compliance with all contractual obligations.
- Provide a liaison with governments, banks, pharma companies and other stakeholders;
- Prepare the annual corporate insurance applications;
- Manage human resources policies and social benefit plans;
- Provide support for funding applications;
- Responsible for compilation of key performance indicators and for the development of effective reporting tools;
- Manage the financial aspects (budget, disbursements) of the R&D funded projects;
- Manage IT equipment and services.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting or business administration;
- At least 5-10 years of related experience;
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Fully bilingual, with good writing skills in French and English;
- Rigour, autonomy and proactivity;
- Ability to lead different projects and manage priorities;
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills with an ability to integrate into a small organization;
- Ability to understand the organization’s needs and create results-oriented strategies;
- Good knowledge of Sage accounting software;
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel advanced level).
- Professional title;
- Knowledge of the ecosystem and biopharmaceutical research sector.
- Good knowledge of Quick Base cloud database software platform;
- Good knowledge of media and social media environment.
START DATE: Immediately.
Our team is young and dynamic. CQDM offers very competitive employment conditions. Our offices are located near the Square-Victoria-OACI and McGill metro stations.
Wages will be negotiated based on the level of experience.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com. Only the selected candidates will be contacted.