Since its creation, CQDM has raised nearly $100 million to fund the development of approximately 80 outstanding technologies addressing major health challenges, including cancer, neurodegenerative and metabolic diseases.
CQDM is a biopharmaceutical research consortium whose mission is to fund the development of innovative tools and technologies that accelerate the development of safe and effective drugs. We bring together world-leading pharmaceutical organizations, several Canadian biotech companies, the best researchers from the public and private sectors, as well as the Canadian and Quebec governments. Our collaborative approach bridges the funding gap needed to drive innovation, especially where early-stage research is concerned.
Summary of Duties – Mission of the Administrative Coordinator
Reporting to the President and CEO and in collaboration with the management team, the Administrative Coordinator:
- Helps improve CQDM’s efficiency by coordinating or executing key administrative tasks for the management team;
- Influences practices, methods and procedures, and assists in their development in order to optimize the organization’s quality and effectiveness;
- Collaborates with various internal and external stakeholders;
- Coordinates record management (databases) and the corresponding information technologies.
The duties of the Administrative Coordinator include the following:
- Manage the changes to our customer relationship management (CRM) database and website.
- Manage the project database (data entry, technical support, module additions and improvements).
- Manage other records, including those on our internal network.
- Coordinate the development of corporate tools to facilitate teamwork.
- Manage the virtual data room.
Administrative Coordination and Management Team Support
- Assist the President with various executive tasks.
- Coordinate Board and Committee meetings.
- Ensure proper management of internal communications and logistics of promotional activities.
- Draft and proofread correspondence, assist in drafting press releases and other documents (in English or in French, as needed).
- Coordinate the organization of events with the events team.
- Manage the purchase of office supplies and computer equipment.
- Ensure the computer and phone systems function properly and provide technical support.
- Assist with the management of human resources, especially the group insurance plan.
- Organize social activities.
- Liaise with the travel agency and ensure compliance with the travel policy.
- Assist the management team with special administrative mandates.
- University degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience (extensive experience in a similar position).
Knowledge and Skills
- Fluently bilingual.
- Analytical skills, autonomous, meticulous, proactive.
- Excellent people skills.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities.
- Coordination, organizational and planning skills focused on achieving objectives and resulting outcomes.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office suite)
- Knowledge of academic and industrial research sectors, including innovation concepts.
- Knowledge of the ecosystem and biopharmaceutical research sector.
- Knowledge of Quickbase, Zurmo, Firmex.
Start Date: Immediately.
Our team is young and dynamic. CQDM offers very competitive employment conditions.
Our offices are located near the Square-Victoria-OACI and McGill metro stations.
Wages will be negotiated based on the level of experience.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only the selected candidates will be contacted.