Since its creation, CQDM has raised nearly $190 million to fund the development of approximately 130 therapeutics in development addressing major health challenges, including cancer, neurodegenerative and metabolic diseases.
CQDM is a biopharmaceutical research consortium whose mission is to fund the development of innovative tools and technologies that accelerate the development of safe and effective drugs. We bring together world-leading pharmaceutical organizations, several Canadian biotech companies, the best researchers from the public and private sectors, as well as the Canadian and Quebec governments. Our collaborative approach bridges the funding gap needed to drive innovation, especially where early-stage research is concerned.
The Accounting Intern reports to the Controller. The main duties of this position are to assist the controller with bookkeeping, analysis and corporate database. The ideal candidate is a student who is available to work full-time during the summer, with the possibility of working part-time during other periods of the year at a rate of approximately 2 days per week.
- Bookkeeping and financial statements preparation;
- Budget analysis;
- Update database;
- Ensure the implementation and monitoring of internal controls;
- Participate in annual tax declarations;
- Assistance in the preparation of reports for the different levels of government (federal and provincial);
- Creating or managing Excel files, some complex;
- Produce reports according to the user’s needs;
- Electronic filing of documents;
- Other related tasks if needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or administration;
- Perfectly bilingual in oral and written (English and French);
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Autonomous with good leadership qualities;
- Sense of organization, detail oriented and thorough;
- Professional attitude, tact and diplomacy;
- Motivated, results oriented;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to integrate into a small agile organization;
- Master IT tools easily.
- In the process of obtaining the CPA designation;
- Advanced knowledge of Excel;
- Knowledge of SAGE accounting software;
- Knowledge of Quick Base database software platform.
STARTING DATE: Immediately
Our team is young and dynamic. CQDM offers very competitive employment conditions. CQDM’s offices are located in Montreal—we are teleworking due to COVID-19 (the candidate is responsible for ensuring access to the Internet and an adequate workspace).
* Certain tasks may be eligible for the CPA internship requirements.
Interested candidates should send their application as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org – deadline: April 12th, 5pm. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.