CQDM is a meeting ground for all stakeholders in biopharmaceutical research. Its principal mission is to fund research projects carried out in partnership between the academic and private sectors. An innovative Canadian initiative, CQDM has two major goals: to accelerate the drug discovery process and to develop safer and more effective drugs. CQDM is funded through contributions from large pharma companies as well as the provincial government (the Ministère de l’Économie et de l’Innovation du gouvernement du Québec) and the federal government (through the Business-Led Networks of Centres of Excellence).
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, the Senior Director Business Development will be responsible for the prospection and funding of exceptional technologies that are fully aligned with R&D strategic objectives of CQDM’s pharma members.
- Prospect for outstanding funding opportunities across Canada (among public institutions and SMEs) that are highly attractive for CQDM’s participating pharma members;
- Introduce the funding opportunities to major global pharma organization and seek their contribution;
- Structure and negotiate the research/partnership deals with the investigators and participating pharma members;
- Develop business development initiatives (partnerships, collaborations, etc.) that are consistent with CQDM strategic goals;
- Oversee contract negotiations (research, collaboration and contribution agreements) and works with legal counsel as required;
- Attract new private members and maintain relationships with current pharma members;
- Actively involved in the strategic planning and corporate development of the organization;
- Maintains a high level of networking activities in the field and contributes to the national radiation of CQDM;
- Remains constantly up-to-date about trends, practices and discovery in the drug and biotechnology field.
- Ph.D. in a discipline directly related on the drug company and biotechnologies;
- At least 10-15 years of experience and a proven track record in business development, licensing, scouting, or external partnership activities with the pharma industry at the global level;
- Very strong scientific background in the therapeutic indications of major interest for leading pharmas, biotechs;
- A very good understanding of R&D in the pharma industry at the international level;
- An extensive network among the pharma industry at the international level;
- A strong capacity to anticipate the evolution of R&D within the pharma industry;
- An excellent knowledge of the Canadian research landscape (academic and industrial).
ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Very strong leadership and autonomy;
- A very high credibility within the life science industry (academic, biotech and pharma);
- Business oriented;
- Capacity of interaction to the higher level with the top executives of public structures and private;
- Capacity of integration in a small team;
- Highly motivated and performance driven;
- Strong interpersonal skills.
You can send your resume and cover letter by e-mail to Jennifer Saleeb at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 16th. Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.