Since its creation, CQDM has raised nearly $100 million to fund the development of approximately 80 outstanding technologies addressing major health challenges, including cancer, neurodegenerative and metabolic diseases.
CQDM is a biopharmaceutical research consortium whose mission is to fund the development of innovative tools and technologies that accelerate the development of safe and effective drugs. We bring together world-leading pharmaceutical organizations, several Canadian biotech companies, the best researchers from the public and private sectors, as well as the Canadian and Quebec governments. Our collaborative approach bridges the funding gap needed to drive innovation, especially where early-stage research is concerned.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
We are looking for a results-driven and confident financial controller to manage, improve, and direct our organization’s accounting operations and to work alongside the VP – Finance and Administration to provide financial leadership.
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions including the implementation of bookkeeping policies.
- Streamlining our accounting functions and operations, provide financial analysis and reports, and training staff on business finance issues.
- Managing the accumulation of all financial data necessary for an accurate and efficient accounting of business results including financial statement design & reporting.
- Coordinating the preparation of internal and external financial statements.
- Planning, coordinating the activities of external auditors and the auditing process.
- Providing management with information, vital to the decision-making process including legal, risk assessment and contractual issues that are intertwined.
- Managing the budget process, monitoring & forecasting of expenditures, revenues.
- Assessing current accounting operations and internal controls and offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database.
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics.
- Overseeing contractual, tax, and regulatory reporting and compliance.
- Provide critical quality control on all general ledger accounts.
- Responsible for management and oversight of payroll, accounts payable & vendor negotiations, accounts receivable & collections, and project disbursements.
- Participate in the development of and support the company’s strategic plans.
- Monitor the financial performance of the company.
- Communicate with senior management on financial metrics.
- Provide leadership and support to accounting department, including staff development.
- Ensure that financial reports comply with the generally accepted accounting principles.
- Management of information technologies including implementing softwares, modules and training the employees to make sure they know how to properly use this new technology, insurance, sales tax reporting, federal income tax reporting, outside CPA audits and human resources including questions about employee benefits, managing employee files, and assisting with hiring, training, and retaining of employees.
- Maintenance of cash flows and investments.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting or business administration.
- At least 5-10 years of relevant experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a professional accounting designation (CPA).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills within the finance team and with the wider company and with an ability to work closely with upper management.
- Fully bilingual, with good writing skills in French and English.
- Self motivated, proactive, and an ability to integrate into a small organization.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals and a proficiency in accounting standards for private enterprises (ASPE) and for not-for-profit organizations.
- Extremely detail and compliance oriented but with the bigger picture in mind.
- Solid technologically, including proficiency in accounting software and databases.
- Project management. Ability to lead different projects and manage priorities.
- Ability to understand the organization’s needs and create results-oriented strategies.
- Possess strong analytical skills, exceptional problem-solving skills, a flair for numbers, be highly organized, and have excellent leadership skills.
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel advanced level).
- Knowledge of the life science ecosystem and biopharmaceutical research sector.
- Good knowledge of Quick Base cloud database software platform.
- Good knowledge of SAGE accounting software.
- Good knowledge of media and social media environment.
- Previous experience in public accounting is highly valued.
START DATE : Immediately.
Our team is young and dynamic. CQDM offers very competitive employment conditions.
Our offices are located in Montreal (hybrid work model).
Wages will be negotiated based on level experience.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only the selected candidates will be contacted.