Open positions available: Project managers
Since its creation, CQDM has raised nearly $190 million to fund the development of approximately 130 drugs addressing major health challenges, including cancer, neurodegenerative and metabolic diseases.
CQDM is a biopharmaceutical research consortium whose mission is to fund the development of innovative tools and technologies that accelerate the development of safe and effective drugs. We bring together world-leading pharmaceutical organizations, several Canadian biotech companies, the best researchers from the public and private sectors, as well as the Canadian and Quebec governments. Our collaborative approach bridges the funding gap needed to drive innovation, especially where early-stage research is concerned.
Note: The masculine gender is used in order to simplify the text.
Two positions are to be filled in order to meet our needs: entry level and intermediate level. The salary will be negotiated according to the level of experience.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Reporting to the Senior Director, Scientific Affairs and Partnerships, the position holder participates in various aspects of project management. He will be actively involved in several aspects of CQDM’s multidisciplinary projects and will closely monitor the coordination of these projects to ensure that they meet established objectives and milestones.
The position holder actively participates in the planning, follow-up, and execution of the projects, in close collaboration with several members of the CQDM team. As required, he may also be asked to contribute to the project evaluation process or, more broadly, to any other activity related to the financing of innovative projects. Specifically, the duties include:
- Be the primary point of contact throughout the process.
- Work closely with CQDM’s business development team to ensure proper knowledge transfer for select projects.
- Regularly follow-up with researchers on the expected progress for each project under his supervision.
- Ensure the timely delivery and receipt of all documents, and their compliance with the requirements of CQDM, its funding partners and funders.
- Manage the process records and logistics of the various projects.
- In collaboration with the researchers, establish the Gantt chart to track the progress of the projects.
- Ensure the completion of project milestones and deliverables and collaborate with the CQDM team and researchers to resolve issues.
- Monitor several project-related performance indicators.
- Participate in project steering committee meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Sc. or Ph.D. in a life sciences discipline.
- Training or experience in project management (asset) or program management, research funding or equivalent:
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience for the beginner level
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of experience for the intermediate level
- Knowledge and/or experience of the medical science research environment and the drug discovery and development process (asset).
- Working knowledge of academic and industrial research networks in Quebec (asset).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bilingual, with excellent written skills in English and French.
- Exceptional organizational skills, thorough, and detail oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ease in interacting and communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Initiative, leadership and autonomy.
- Ability to work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite.
START DATE: Immediately
Our team is young and dynamic. CQDM offers very competitive employment conditions, knowledge sharing with an agile and experienced team, harmony between professional and personal life. CQDM’s offices are located in Montreal – we are teleworking due to COVID-19 (the candidate is responsible for ensuring access to the Internet and an adequate workspace).
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Take the chance to have an impact by creating a product that is bringing positive change around the world!