Open position available: Director – Business development
Since its creation, CQDM has raised nearly $190 million to fund the development of approximately 130 drugs addressing major health challenges, including cancer, neurodegenerative and metabolic diseases.
CQDM is a biopharmaceutical research consortium whose mission is to fund the development of innovative tools and technologies that accelerate the development of safe and effective drugs. We bring together world-leading pharmaceutical organizations, several Canadian biotech companies, the best researchers from the public and private sectors, as well as the Canadian and Quebec governments. Our collaborative approach bridges the funding gap needed to drive innovation, especially where early-stage research is concerned.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
In collaboration with the management team, the Business Development Director is responsible for seeking new opportunities for academic-private collaboration for CQDM’s funding programs, assisting researchers with the preparation of their grant applications, and contributing to the evaluation of applications submitted to CQDM. He/she is also involved in the development of strategic partnerships for CQDM.
- Promote CQDM’s funding opportunities to researchers and companies in the life sciences sector through presentations, meetings and networking activities.
- Keep abreast of important events affecting the Quebec life sciences sector as well as recent scientific breakthroughs in drug development and biopharmaceutical research.
- Develop and maintain relationships based on trust with CQDM’s external stakeholders, including researchers, the business community and other stakeholders of the Quebec life sciences ecosystem.
- Support applicants in the preparation of their application and financing package.
- Contribute to the scientific evaluation of projects.
- Assess the commercial potential of drug development technologies.
- Perform the project due diligence process.
- Acquire deep knowledge of submitted projects and present the applications to CQDM’s Scientific Advisory Board.
- Lead contract negotiations (research, collaboration, and funding agreements).
- Organize information and networking activities.
- Identify strategic partners for CQDM and set up new collaborations.
- Represent CQDM externally and ensure its visibility.
- Contribute to the development of CQDM’s network of partners in the academic and private sectors.
- Analyze the life sciences ecosystem of companies in Quebec and Canada to target the needs of the various stakeholders in the sector.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- PhD in a life science discipline with an interest and expertise in the development of new drugs and related technologies.
- Five to ten years of experience in a similar business development position or in advancing research related to drug discovery.
- Practical experience in translational/applied research an asset.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Fluently bilingual, with excellent written and spoken skills in English and French.
- Leadership, autonomy, thoroughness and agility.
- Highly skilled communicator and listener with a customer focus.
- Excellent interpersonal skillsandproven track record for workingin ahighly collaborative, results-oriented environment.
- Good knowledge of the Quebec and Canadian life sciences ecosystem (academic and industrial).
- Ability to multi-task across projects and manage priorities.
- Ability to integrate into a small multidisciplinary team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and good knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) tools.
START DATE: Immediately
Our team is young and dynamic. CQDM offers very competitive employment conditions. We foster knowledge sharing among an agile and experienced team and promote work-life balance. Our beautiful offices are located in downtown Montreal.
Wages will be negotiated based on the level of experience.
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com .
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Seize the opportunity to make a difference by helping to create a product that effects positive change in the world!