Since its creation, CQDM has raised nearly $190 million to fund the development of approximately 130 drugs addressing major health challenges, including cancer, neurodegenerative and metabolic diseases.
CQDM is a biopharmaceutical research consortium whose mission is to fund the development of innovative tools and technologies that accelerate the development of safe and effective drugs. We bring together world-leading pharmaceutical organizations, several Canadian biotech companies, the best researchers from the public and private sectors, as well as the Canadian and Quebec governments. Our collaborative approach bridges the funding gap needed to drive innovation, especially where early-stage research is concerned.
CQDM is looking for candidates with strong scientific curiosity and a desire to contribute to the development of the biopharmaceutical R&D ecosystem in Canada.
- Do you love science and in particular its application to the development of novel therapies, diagnostics, or vaccines to treat/prevent disease?
- Do you wish to learn about cutting-edge science and next generation technologies?
- Are you looking for a position where you can help drive their development and support the innovative researchers, companies and institutions working on these breakthroughs?
- Have you realized that your future contributions to these efforts could materialize outside the lab?
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The BD Associate position offers a challenging and exciting opportunity with diverse responsibilities. Working closely with, and under the direction of, the Senior Director, Business Development the BD Associate will be part of a team dedicated to support CQDM’ s pharma-led funding program for innovative translational biopharmaceutical research projects.
The BD Associate will be responsible to varying degrees in all BD Team functions, including:
- Identification of key pharma priorities
- Landscape analysis of Canadian researchers/biotechs that can address these priorities
- Interactions with the priority targets in particular Canadian ecosystem as a whole
- Project submission and evaluation process
- Contract negotiations
The position provides excellent growth potential and career development and an opportunity to create an extensive network within Canada and the global pharmaceutical industry.
- Develop and execute strategies to identify and scout priority researchers (academic/biotech) from across Canada for CQDM’s pharma-led funding program
- Identify technology opportunities across Canada (from public institutions and SMEs) which are of potential interest to CQDM pharmaceutical members
- Lead CQDM’s efforts to establish partnerships/agreements with co-funding partners, including patient/disease foundations
- Build and maintain strong relationships with potential partners and internal teams
- Act as a key resource for CQDM’s support of funding applicants in the writing of their project
- Lead scientific evaluation and the diligence/evaluation of partner companies for submitted projects
- Play a key role in the development, organization, and realization of CQDM networking events
- Actively involved in contract negotiations (research, collaboration, and financing agreements)
- Participate in networking activities in the life sciences sector.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- PhD in a discipline directly related to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry
- Understanding of the R&D activities of the pharmaceutical industry worldwide
- Knowledge of the Canadian research ecosystem (academic and industrial)
- MBA an asset
- Experience in business development, licensing, or external partnering activities an asset.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong scientific curiosity
- Desire to contribute to the development of the biopharmaceutical R&D ecosystem in Canada
- Self-motivated, organized, and flexible with an ability to work remotely
- Bilingual in French and English
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize activities
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, results-oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills, along with the ability to interact with staff in all parts of the organization and a range of external partners
- Ability to integrate into a small multidisciplinary team.
START DATE: Immediately
Our team is young and dynamic. CQDM offers very competitive employment conditions. We foster knowledge sharing among an agile and experienced team and promote work-life balance. Our beautiful offices are located in downtown Montreal.
Wages will be negotiated based on the level of experience.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose profile best suits the position will be considered and contacted.
Seize the opportunity to make a difference by helping to create a product that effects positive change in the world!