Under the authority of the Early Stage Clinical Trial (ESCT) Initiative’s Steering committee and in collaboration with the President and Chief Executive Officer of CQDM, the selected candidate will be responsible for the Initiative start-up, the elaboration and the implementation of the action plan for the Early Stage Clinical Trial (ESCT) Initiative.
About the early stage clinical trial initiative (ESCT)
The Early Stage Clinical Trial (ESCT) Initiative is a mobilizing approach which has the mission to make of Quebec a world center of expertise in the realization of early clinical studies, by working closely with hospitals in the Montreal and Quebec regions, also in partnership with the main life sciences stakeholders in Quebec. The goal is to double the early clinical trials in Quebec. The Initiative is now hosted by the CQDM, which is looking for a General Director who will be responsible for launching and managing the Initiative.
- Start-up, implementation of the Initiative;
- Elaboration and implementation of the strategic plan and action plan from the initial vision;
- Implementation of the governance structure;
- Development of the communication plan and of the brand image;
- Mobilization of the key actors of the Initiative in conjunction with the Steering Committee;
- Recruitment of new members and development of partnerships with key stakeholders;
- Search for financing (medium and long term) from public and private donors;
- Facilitate the network of members and partners of the Initiative;
- Operation management and recruitment of operational team:
- Manage the human resources;
- Prepare the annual budget and follow up with the Steering Committee;
- Develop communication tools and execute communication plan;
- Implement the Initiative’s action plan;
- Coordinate the efforts in the hospitals, members of the Initiative;
- Establish on a regular basis a review of activities demonstrating the impact of the Initiative.
- Act as a representative of the Initiative.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in science ideally combined with an MBA (or equivalent experience);
- At least 5-10 years experience in general management or at an executive level within a contract research organization, a bio-pharmaceutical company or a non-profit organization working in the health sector;
- Good knowledge of clinical studies and excellent understanding of the processes involved (from the point of view of clinical sites, CROs and pharmaceutical companies);
- Good credibility in clinical and life sciences research.Abilities
- Strategic vision and operational implementation capabilities;
- Sense of organization, planning and priorities;
- Excellent experience in team and project management;
- Autonomous with good leadership qualities;
- Ability to work in a launch context;
- Perfectly bilingual, with excellent writing skills in French and English;
- Excellent editorial skills;
- Master communications web-based, social networks and other relevant platforms;
- Detail oriented and thorough;
- Highly motivated and performance driven;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your profile meets the selection criteria for this position, an advisor will contact you. We thank you for your interest.
N. B. The masculine gender was used without discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.