A promising projects portfolio
Over $274 M raised
Since its foundation in 2008, our biopharmaceutical research consortium has funded innovation by raising over $274 M in total contributions from:
- 13 of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world: Merck, Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Boehringer Ingelheim, Eli Lilly Canada, GlaxoSmithKline, Janssen, Novartis Pharma Canada, Sanofi Canada, Servier, Roche, Takeda and Amgen;
- The Ministère de l’Économie et de l’Innovation (MEI) of the Government of Quebec;
- The Business Led-Networks of Centres of Excellence (BL-NCE) program of the Government of Canada;
- The co-funding partners.
To date, CQDM has established 18 funding programs and launched 86 calls for proposals.
Collaborative research at its best
To date, CQDM boasts:
- 110 outstanding research projects;
- carried out by a network of more than 1761 researchers, equivalent to 1411 FTE* x year including 383 graduate and post-graduate students;
- in 119 research institutions (50 public and 69 private);
- engaging 150 mentors from CQDM’s pharmaceutical member companies;
- for a total of $132 M invested in R&D by CQDM.
(*FTE: Full-Time Equivalent)
The results to date speak for themselves, with technologies that accelerate drug discovery and generate significant socioeconomic benefits, including:
- 71 successfully completed projects achieving 86% of deliverables;
- CQDM pharmaceutical partners committing significant additional contributions to several research laboratories to further develop CQDM technologies;
- launch of 9 start-ups in the life sciences sector;
- $571 M in additional investments for researchers.