Since its inception, CQDM has raised more than $275 million to fund the development of 150 + drugs addressing major health challenges, including cancer, neurodegenerative and metabolic diseases.
CQDM is a biopharmaceutical research consortium whose mission is to fund the development of innovative tools and technologies that accelerate the development of safe and effective drugs. We bring together world-leading pharmaceutical organizations, several Canadian biotech companies, the best researchers from the public and private sectors, as well as the Canadian and Québec governments. Our collaborative approach bridges the funding gap needed to drive innovation, especially where early-stage research is concerned.
We are looking for an accuracy-oriented Accounting Technician to perform data entry and reconcile Excel files. The person will work in collaboration with the Financial Controller and the Senior Director, Accounting and Finance. More specifically, we are looking for a technician to:
- Assist with accounting, reporting and treasury functions
- Participate in the development of internal control policies and procedures, in line with best practice for an organization of our size and complexity, while seeking opportunities to optimize the organization\’s productivity and efficiency
- Complete the full accounting cycle
- Bank reconciliations
- Prepare month-end and quarter-end
- Preparation of payroll entries in the accounting system for each completed payroll cycle
- Production of statutory reports (GST, QST, DAS)
- Record and control accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Participate in the preparation of financial statements
- Participate in the budget process and assist the Controller with internal reporting
- Key point of contact for questions and/or analyses from other departments (treasury and collection, payables, payroll)
- Performs any other tasks requested by his/her superior or required by his/her duties.
- DEC or DEP combined with a minimum of 10 years\’ experience in accounting or university-level training in accounting combined with a minimum of 3 years\’ experience in accounting
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bilingual, with excellent French and good writing ability in English
- Autonomy, resourcefulness, and honesty
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Rigorous and meticulous
- Ability to collaborate and/or work as part of a team to achieve common goals
- Good knowledge of databases and SAGE accounting software (an asset)
We are a small non-profit organization, with a young, agile, and dynamic team of highly qualified professionals. Many opportunities exist for employees to quickly assume a greater leadership role, and for personal and professional development.
CQDM offers competitive employment conditions and a flexible hybrid working environment. CQDM’s offices are in downtown Montréal, near the Square Victoria metro station.
We offer competitive salaries, in line with your qualifications, a comprehensive group insurance plan, and a great vacation plan.
CQDM is looking for diverse profiles that will enrich the team; therefore, all people who share our passion for the advancement of health research and collaboration are invited to apply regardless of their age, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, origin, or disability.
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected will be contacted.
Take the chance to make an impact by creating a product that brings positive change to the world.