Since its creation, CQDM has raised nearly $190 million to fund the development of approximately 130 drugs addressing major health challenges, including cancer, neurodegenerative and metabolic diseases.
CQDM is a biopharmaceutical research consortium whose mission is to fund the development of innovative tools and technologies that accelerate the development of safe and effective drugs. We bring together world-leading pharmaceutical organizations, several Canadian biotech companies, the best researchers from the public and private sectors, as well as the Canadian and Québec governments. Our collaborative approach bridges the funding gap needed to drive innovation, especially where early-stage research is concerned.
We are looking for a seasoned leader with proven expertise in translational research applicable to the biopharmaceutical industry and an interest in the development of new innovative approaches to health. In close collaboration with the Vice President of Scientific Affairs, the successful candidate will be responsible for conducting all activities related to scientific affairs, including the supervision and coordination of CQDM’s program development and project management team.
Specifically, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of CQDM by exercising the following responsibilities:
- Supervises CQDM’s program and project management team and leads the recruitment and integration of new resources into the team;
- Is actively involved in the development and implementation of strategies related to the various programs offered by CQDM;
- Is responsible for the performance of the program/project management team and leads efforts to improve processes effectiveness and efficiency;
- Ensures that project evaluation and selection are carried out according to CQDM’s values and governance rules, and that they meet the expectations and objectives of the funders;
- Is responsible for the proper functioning of the advisory committees responsible for the selection and follow-up of projects, including the management of the relationship with committee members and the identification of new candidates whose experience and expertise meet CQDM’s needs;
- Participates in the success of CQDM’s collaborations with partner organizations and contributes to the establishment of new structuring partnerships with the various actors of the life sciences ecosystem;
- Oversees the reporting efforts to funders and ensures that reports meet the expectations of the different stakeholders and are produced in a timely manner;
- Is responsible for the outreach of portfolio projects and collaborates on CQDM communications projects;
- Develops and maintains relationships based on trust with CQDM’s internal and external stakeholders, including researchers, the business community and other actors of the Quebec life sciences ecosystem.
- Ph.D. in a life science discipline relevant to biopharmaceutical research;
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of experience in managing funding programs or major projects;
- Relevant experience in team management and good knowledge of the functioning of a non-profit organization;
- Knowledge of university and industrial research networks in Quebec;
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Perfectly bilingual, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and prioritize activities;
- Diligence and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly competitive, results-oriented environment;
- Initiative, leadership and high level of autonomy;
- Exceptional organizational skills;
- Credibility in the scientific community;
- Dynamism and teamwork;
- Ability to fit into a small, agile organization;
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
We are a small non-profit organization, with a young, agile and dynamic team of highly qualified professionals. Many opportunities exist for staff to quickly assume a greater leadership role, and for personal and professional development.
CQDM offers competitive employment conditions and a flexible hybrid working environment (where the benefits of working from home are recognized). CQDM’s offices are located in downtown Montréal, near the Place d’Armes metro station.
We offer competitive salaries and an incentive compensation program, a comprehensive group insurance plan, reasonable reimbursement for professional development fees, and great vacation plan.
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected will be contacted.
Take the chance to make an impact by creating a product that brings positive change to the world!